AGRIMBA network was established in 1995 as a continuation of the successful Tempus project at Warsaw
Agricultural University (now Warsaw University of Life Sciences, WULS) and the Czech Agricultural University, Prague (now Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague, CULS). Since that time the network of MBA
programs in Agribusiness Management has developed into an efficient way of upgrading the management knowledge of young managers mainly in Central and East European countries. However, the MBA is not only a way of improving the business skills of the students, but also an effective way of intensifying contacts with the globalized world of agri-food business and academic institutions for the participating teaching staff’s (mainly academics). This two way approach is the main incentive for taking part in the programme, both for students and teachers. In this way AGRIMBA works as a highly needed medium of communication in the field of agribusiness between theory and practice. It is thus an effective tool in life-long learning.
The network is coordinated by the AGRMBA Board which comprises partners from co-operating academic institutions. The Board is responsible for the development of the core curriculum and for validating the MBA degree programmes as delivered by several members of the network. The AGRIMBA is an open network which anyone can join. AGRIMBA became a standing committee of ICA at the ICA General Assembly 2003 in Beauvais.
The network has developed the curriculum for the part-time two year MBA programme designed as a post experience degree for young managers in agribusiness and commerce. The MBA consists of a core of seven modules Economics, Management, Marketing, Agribusiness, Policy and Law, Operational Analysis, and a Diploma Thesis.
The MBA is currently delivered at the:
- Belgorod State Agricultural University (Russia)
- Czech University of Life Sciences (Czech Republic)
- Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade (Serbia)
- Faculty of Agriculture, University of Zagreb (Croatia)
- Kazan State Agricultural University (Russia)
- Mongolian State University of Agriculture (Mongolia)
- National Agricultural University of the Ukraine (Ukraine)
- Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (Slovakia)
- Stavropol State Agrarian University (Russia)
- University of Debrecen (Hungary),
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences (Poland)
The Network publishes its own journal Apstract and organizes bi-annual AGRIMBA-AVA congresses.